Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Yosemite and Tofurky



Thanksgiving was great this year. Yosemite National Park is just beautiful. It was so great to get out of the city and and spend time in the wilderness just being. My most favorite part of the trip was hiking up to Vernal waterfall. It was a very steep and busy trail, but when I got to the top, it was just breathtaking. The most fun part was when Tim and I climbed across the rocks at the opening of the waterfall to the otherside. We climbed off trail up the side of a mountain and ate our lunch in the sun.
It was a great time for Tim and I to take time out and talk about our relationship and reminisce about fun times. We will be going back again in the spring next year to do some more hiking. The only problem was when we got back, my mischevious little cat wrecked the apartment. Everything was knocked off the shelves, plants were spilling out of their pots, papers and books were chewed...just a great big mess. All I could do was laugh. It was pretty funny. Oh, yes I also had my first ever Tofurky. It was fine, but it just tasted like a ball of stuffing. Thanksgiving is a great holiday. It's great that families just get together for a grand dinner without the gifts and commercialization of other holidays.

No comments: