Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm OFF!!!



In just a few hours, I'll be leaving for the airport. Above is a map of where I'm going. Tralee in the lower left, in red, is where I'll be. It's nestled right in the bay, so it is sure to be very cold there. The blue dots are all the printshops that I know of in Ireland. I might find out that there are more.

I'll be gone for a month, and I'm not sure what kind of access I will have for the internet. The internet cafe's are very expensive, but maybe I'll sneak into the library every now and then.

I'm taking a lot of books with me, and a sketch book too, so I'm hoping something will come to me while I'm there. I watched the Magdalene Sisters for the first time the other night, and it just ignited a rushing river of images in my head. It seems that I should tap into this subject matter more since it had such an impact on me.

So Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, to you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

Lucky you! Of course, where else would one expect you to go to find your center. Best of luck. We are having the "finals" in printmaking in Joel's shop. It's lots of fun, but just not the same without you.

Here's some URLs to printshops in Ireland.

http://www.belfastprintworkshop.org.uk/

http://www.mtsu.edu/~art/printmaking/workshops.html

Hope it all goes well, and you come back with gobs of new ideas.

Nels

Nels said...

So, what sort of adventures and really cool places have the Irish fairies led you to?